Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

Metamorphosis Chorus

I hope you all had a terrific 3 day weekend! My son was in a tournament so mine was full of baseball, baseball, and more baseball!

We have been studying insects for 6 weeks. As a culminating activity of our insect unit we put on an event called the Metamorphosis Chorus. We perform 14 songs and poems in front of our parents.

The week before the big day, the students create their own special insect shirt.
1. One of our talented teammates does directed drawings with the kids of Eric Carle inspired insects.
2. The students pick their favorite drawing and parent volunteers trace their pencil lines with black sharpie.
3. Their drawing is taped on a a piece of cardboard and inserted into the shirt. The shirt is pulled tight (so black lines show through) and taped in the back.
4. Students use fabric markers to color in their design and puffy paint to outline, using the black lines as a guide.
Don't they turn out great?


I tried to get a shot of all 120 kids (4 classes) during the performance.
Here is my wild bunch. Don't they look angelic? HA!
 2.5 days to go!

Separator

6 comments:

  1. What a fun idea...I love your ERIC CARLE inspired bugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally cute! Great idea with the t-shirts, I'll have to remember that one.

    Marybeth
    http://cialinichat-mbcialini.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bugs turned out UHHHHH-MAY-ZING! Way to go. And I love the photos of your kiddos. Class shots always make me smile. Have fun these last few days. You are almost finished! If you find a moment (ha . . . easier said than done right now I know), I'd be honored to have you consider joining in on my very first linky party. Thanks Jenn!

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love the Metamorphosis Chorus. What a great way to end that unit! The shirts came out perfect! :)

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what they sounded like- but they looked amazing- I think my fav would have been front row- third from the left- seems like there's a lot of personality going on there:)
    Staci

    ☞Go NuTTY with ME!

    misssquirrels@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I jus tlove the freebbies. thanks again
    faye's busy bees
    asfaye1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete