Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Grouchy Ladybug

It is insect insanity around here! Last week we learned all about ladybugs. We read non-fiction books and took notes from a powerpoint made my teamie onto a circle map. Then we wrote about what we learned. This book is kid-friendly and has some great facts in the back.

My students loved making this lifecycle wheel from Lapbook Lessons.
We also read the Grouchy Ladybug by Eric Carle. We made these fingerprint ladybugs and then wrote about what makes us grouchy.
Check out these grouchy faces!




"I am grouchy when Ray (her brother) calls me the s word."
I casually asked her about the s word and she whispered it was "stupid."
Phew. Mom and I had a good laugh.

Our Mother's Day booklets are done, now we just need to make the gift bag! Remember how I mentioned that the kids come up with great drawing ideas?  I think this is better than the one I did! They are SO excited and having a really hard time not telling their mom about our secret.
Don't forget my TpT sale starts tomorrow!

Separator

4 comments:

  1. I used to teach insects! And then Kinder kind of took it over and it's their whole open house theme . . . so we stopped. But I love those Are You a Ladybug, Butterfly, etc. books and I read each one already! :)
    Love those grouchy ladybug projects!!!! :)
    (The F word in my class turned out to be Freaking)
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shared this post on my Facebook page!! I LOVE the pics!! Stop by:)
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/123-Teach-With-Me
    Tammy
    1...2...3...Teach With Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have recently discovered the amazing-ness of lap books and we made bird life cycle wheels.

    http://chickadeejubilee.blogspot.com/2012/05/currently-may.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your ladybug idea... im your newest follower... drop by

    Just Wild About Teaching

    ReplyDelete