I have had many people ask how to use Scribd without a Facebook account so here is a tutorial for you:
Signup Without FacebookIf you don't have a Facebook account, or you don't want to connect Scribd to Facebook, click the I don't have a Facebook account link.
- Enter your email address in the first box.
- Every Scribd account must have a unique email address.
- This is the address to which we'll send any notifications and password reset emails, so be sure to correct any misspellings!
- Choose a username and enter it in the second box.
- Every Scribd account must have a unique username.
- Your username will be used to generate your profile link. For example, if your username is BooksAreGreat, your profile can be reached at http://www.scribd.com/BooksAreGreat.
- Choose a password and enter it in the third box.
- Choose a password that's easy for you to remember but hard for others to guess.
- We recommend using a password that's at least 7 characters long and uses a combination of upper- and lower-case letters, numbers, and at least one symbol.
- Don't ever give out your password to anyone. Scribd staff will never ask you for your password.
- Click the Sign Up button.