Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

-ed and -ing

I am teaching the rules for adding -ed and -ing to base words this week. I made this poster:
ed or –ing

My plan is to teach the rules and then guide the class through many examples. Then students will practice using whiteboards and I will have them hold them up for a quick assessment.

I often do not like the worksheet that come with my basal so I made my own so I could really assess who understood how to apply the rules.
Ed Ing Assess

Not too exciting of a post but maybe you can use the downloads?

Separator

11 comments:

  1. I can't get the second one to download. It is the time of year to teach this so your timing was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn,

    Perfect! I am reviewing this on Thursday and now I don't need to make up a new assessment! You are awesome!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU are wonderful!!!! I am teaching this very skill this week. This is perfect! Thank you! Thank you!!!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! I'm slowing down on our basal this week because I am 2 stories ahead of my teammates and this will be perfect for our week. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sass Class,
    It is working now, not sure what was up before.
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you have to pay monthly for Scribd to be able to download your wonderful work?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you. I was able to download your wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are wonderful! That assessment is perfect. Thank you!

    keepcalmandteachon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jenn,
    Thanks for all your hard work and your willingness to share with all your followers. You are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely will use this post. We work on suffixes a lot!

    ReplyDelete