Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2021

Do You Search By Standard or Theme?

 I saw someone post the other day that they never look for resources by theme, only by the standard. I am wondering if they are an upper grade teacher because primary folks seem to love themes, am I right?

Of course the standard is important, but it can be both functional and cute! Plus students need to hit the same skill many times to master it so changing the theme can make practicing the same standard feel new and engaging.

Here is my newest set of Ending Punctuation Boom cards with a St. Patrick's Day theme. It addresses:

CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.L.1.2.B Use end punctuation for sentences. 

Or maybe

CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.L.K.2.B Recognize and name end punctuation. Since I have the audio to read the sentences for them. I did not make these auto play so that the students could attempt to read them first on their own, if you wish.

These are 25% off for the first 24 hours! You may want to follow me on Instagram or Facebook if you don't get to reading blogs in time to see this sale price. Those links are in my sidebar.

Are you snowed in? I am feeling so badly for everyone in Texas! I live in California and we had the whole week off. Last year, I was on a school trip to Tanzania and it feels like soooo long ago! No exciting trips for me this year but my county did just announce they are going to start opening up appointments for teachers to get vaccinated at the end of the month! How is your state doing on vaccinating teachers? 




Separator

0 comments:

Post a Comment