Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2021

Listening Center Upgrade & Digital Version

Students love listening to a story but sometimes I've felt they don't get much out of the response sheets.  I really wanted worksheets that would assess their comprehension and give them a chance to practice all the analysis skills I taught them. 

So I starting making a worksheet for each listening center story. Not only are there comprehension questions, but I include different skills such as sequencing events or identifying story elements. I also included differentiated skill-based worksheets aligned to the Common Core. 22 standards by my count.


The QR codes for 24 stories, professionally read by famous actors, have been put through SafeShare.tv so your students are not exposed to ads or other distracting content. QR codes are fun and easy to scan with the camera of a tablet or smartphone. If you have an older device, you may need an app but there are many free ones such as QR Scanner. 



I was going to wait until I had 40 done for an entire year but they take a while to make so I figured I'd upload what I had so other teachers could use them this semester. My plan is to keep adding books to this packet. If you buy it now, you will be notified when I update the packet and get the additions for FREE. 



Since many of us are distance learning, I have included a digital Google Slides version that can be easily assigned to your remote students. I have also included a link to the stories if your students do not have a device that can read QR codes.


Skills covered include:

•Answering comprehension questions

•Sequencing events

•Determining a word’s meaning

•Identifying story elements

•Telling fiction from nonfiction

•Predicting

•Inferring

•Character analysis

•Identifying cause and effect

•Determining the moral or lesson

•Opinion writing


Books Included:

A Bad Case of Stripes

As Fast as Words Could Fly

Brave Irene

Carla’s Sandwich

Catching the Moon

Chester’s Way

Clark the Shark

Enemy Pie

Guji Guji

Hanukkah in Alaska

Harry the Dog

Here Comes the Barge

I Need My Monster!

Library Lion

Rainbow Fish

Romeow & Drooliet

Somebody Loves You Mr. Hatch

Sophie’s Masterpiece

Stellaluna

The Sneetches

The Kiss That Missed

The Tooth

When Pigasso Met Mootisse

Wilfred Gordon McDonald Partridge


As always, this will be 25% off for a full day after I upload it to TpT so make sure you are a follower of my store (click the green star) so you don't miss out. Click HERE to purchase.

I'd love to give a copy away to a loyal follower so leave me a comment with your email below so I can pick a winner. You can also email me at jenn@finallyinfirst.com if you don't like to make your email public.

Separator

0 comments:

Post a Comment