Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Star Student Freebie

Do you have a Star of the Week? The Star Student is my special helper. They do the calendar with me, return the library books, pass out papers, etc. I go alphabetically which is also our student numbers so my students know better than me whose turn is next!

Last year I decided to make my own posters that would be easier to store and cheaper!
 I made 5 posters (each regular copy paper size) : Me, My Family, My Pets, My Favorite Activity,  and When I Grow Up I Want to be a _____.
I assign the posters as the first week's homework and make sure I get one from every student. They can glue on photos or draw pictures. If they don't have any pets I tell them to draw what they wish they had. Then I save them in my filing cabinet until that student is the Star of the Week. After the student shares their posters we put them on a special Star of the Week bulletin board. I have star scrapbook paper already up on the board like frames so all I have to do is quickly add the student's posters and their name tag (I have their names already written on sentence strips.)

If you would like a copy of my posters you can grab them for FREE here. My 20% off sale is still on if you want to stay and shop. Don't forget to use the code B1T1S to get an extra 10% off!

Upper grade teachers: My friend Jessica just posted a great FREE writing activity she uses with her 4th graders using the picture book Giraffes Can't Dance. Click here to visit her store. She also has some great social studies skits and map activities. I sure miss teaching with her! She always came up with great hand-on projects. Now if I can just convince her to start blogging so she can share more with you all.

If you haven't entered my Mixed Bag Designs Giveaway click here to enter.

I go back to work next Wednesday! ACK!




Separator

2 comments:

  1. Very cute. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We go back next Wednesday too! I would love to use these as homework the first week. We do an all about me segment on each student every day until we get to know all our new friends!

    ReplyDelete