Sunday, August 14, 2011

Classroom Pics and My Birthday

It's my birthday!  I worked hard to get all ready for our first day back TOMORROW (YIKES) so I didn't have to go to school today. My family is making me a special breakfast as we speak.

Room Pics!
In California, our classrooms open to an outside hallway. Growing up in the Midwest I thought that was weird at first but now I love it!



Star of the Week board I posted about previously
Love my fabric bulletin boards with Eric Carle trim.
Can you say boy heavy?  I have a feeling this year is going to be a doozy.
CAFE & Daily 5 board
Calendar wall
Whole brain teaching rules at the top
Click HERE to get a copy of these rules.

Library
Small group table & my desk to save space!
Group listening (I also have individual cd players) and writing supplies.

Writing & Word Work

Pet corn snakes. The kids take them out to recess!
Math Tubs (still need to finish laminating some new ones)
Last year's class was GREAT about this. Instead of tattling they would say, "May I talk to Megan? We had a problem at recess."

Okay...I'm off to spend some time with my family. I will be making Magic Playdough later so I'll be back to post about that!

Separator