Saturday, June 25, 2011

A Different Making Words Folder Idea

Rachelle over at What The Teacher Wants blogged the other day about the folder she uses for Making Words. That reminded me that I don't think I ever shared what I use so thanks Rachelle!
This idea I believe was first shared by the Santa-Maria Bonita School District. 
All you need is file folders and the small size of post-it notes.
Make sure you write the letter on the file folder first so the kids know where to put it back. They think it is such fun to unstick and restick the notes to make a word in the big open space.

I use these in my guided reading groups so they stay nice since I store them. The best part is that this is inexpensive and very easy to replace a note if it loses its stick.

Comments make the {blogging} world go 'round :-)

Separator