Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Save the Earth!

I finished my latest book club packet that I know some of you have been waiting for.  Save the Earth! is a Ready Freddy book all about Earth Day so I can't wait to use it with high kiddos next week!

22 comprehension and vocabulary questions

A thinking map using adjectives to describe a character.

In the story, the students are given this challenge sheet so I made one for our students, too!

When the characters complete the challenge they get pins so I made these sticker labels for our students.
Only $3 in my TpT store if you are interested. 

I am back from Palm Desert to rainy and cold San Jose. Boo! Plus I am spending most of my day harassing encouraging my middle schooler to work on a report. I HATE reports!!! Reality is ruining my vacation.  I am still in my pjs and I only have 2 children driving me crazy instead of 30 so I guess I will choose to look at my cup as half full.  After I peek in on Mr. Moody (yes, that is my son when he has work to do) I will be back to check your blogs and hopefully, finally, have some time to comment!



Separator

3 comments:

  1. Def going to get this for my higher readers. Never used one before so I'm nervous but they're ready!

    Gracie
    www.livinglargeinfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Earth Day Challenge! Yes, San Jose is very rainy and blustery. Did you hear the thunder last night it?!?!? It gave my kitty and I quite the scare! Booo for a rainy Spring Break you were smart to head to Palm Springs. I am a bay area kinder teacher. We should have a bay area teacher blogger meet up some time! I keep hearing of all these other meet ups that sound so fun!

    Sheila

    Sprinkle Teaching Magic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for Earth Day. I started using literacy packets or book clubs a few weeks ago with my first graders. I am going to check out your TPT store and packets.
    Sandra
    Classroom Companion

    ReplyDelete