Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

Daily Editing Word Problems are done!!!

Ahhhh.....That was me..sighing in relief (or perhaps exhaustion)...because I FINALLY finished it.

38 weeks (190 school days) of
So you all can stop emailing me asking when it will be done and RUN yourself over to TPT to grab a copy! I think it is a bargain at $15 for over 190 pages! That is less than the Evan-Moor books (currently in TPT for $16.99) and you would have to buy 2 of those (one daily language and one word problems!)


If you don't recall me posting about these last school year,  here is what they look like.


I have 30 students so I make 8 copies of the days page, then cut then apart with the paper cutter. Each student has a strip on their desk when they walk in. They glue it into their notebook, put the code date at the top, use editing marks to correct then draw a picture and solve the math problem! Of course we start the year by doing it together but by the end of the year they are awesome editors and problem solvers!!!! And the editing DOES translate to their own writing. I LOVE when I see these marks show up unprompted!! The first half of the packet doesn't include spelling errors so students see the sight words spelled correctly for a few months. In the beginning of the year most first graders can't read that well so  I project it with my digital camera and share the pen, having students come up and find the punctuation errors and circle sight words. As you can see from the example, I include book characters (Frog and Toad), common teaching themes (penguins), and holidays (well-known and otherwise) to keep things interesting!  I hope you like them.

Separator

5 comments:

  1. I am a huge fan of these word problems! I think they are an awesome idea and definitely worth it! I will be getting me a copy! I posted about them also! Thanks Jenn!

    ♥Jenaya

    Lesson Plan Diva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice...these are on my TpT wishlist now!

    Gladys
    TeachingInHighHeels

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jenn, I just added the whole collection to my wishlist. I don't know what i would have done last year without these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, how brilliant! This is definitely on my wish list!

    Laurel
    http://teachthemlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete