Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

Menorah Making Ten Freebie

"Do you have any Hanukkah math games, Mrs. Bates?" I didn't.  We read some stories and play with dreidels at our holiday party but I had no math games in my tubs. So I whipped up this concentration game that practicing making 10. I am amazed when I tutor older children who still need to count up instead of knowing the parts of ten so I try to give my firsties lots of practice.

My active boys were surprisingly engaged by having to try to remember where the cards were. It made me wonder how many of my students have never played memory/concentration before. I always forget that not every parent takes the time to play these types of games with young children.

If you are worried about the game being too quick, simply print out 2 copies to make it last longer. My kids were happy to keep starting over, keeping track of who had won more rounds.

Click on the picture or HERE to go download this FREEBIE.  I'd love you to leave feedback if you like it.

Separator

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! I teach K/1 in a Jewish Private school so I can totally use these next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! We are learning about Hanukkah next week so this will go perfectly. :) Thanks!

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete