Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I goofed big time!

So I thought it was kind of weird that I did not get one comment on my Valentine's post, especially after I shared about my sweet hubbie, and I just figured out why....I posted it on my class blog! OOPS!
I have NOT been myself this year. Anyway, here is the post  I made on V-Day....

I was kind of dreading today.  My class gets riled up at the SLIGHTEST bit of excitement and I caught that annoying cold that has been going around so I'm not 100%.

But my day started off nicely with a delicious dijon mustard quiche courtesy of the PTA. Our moms bring us a nice treat spread once a month. Aren't they sweet?

We made these adorable Splats from the amazing Cara and wrote about when we felt loved.
We graphed conversation hearts, made patterns,
and played battleship. These printables are from the wonderful Rachelle.

We played pin the lips on the teacher. Idea and lips from the terrific  Teacher Wife. Not sure why I have blue hair? All the gray hairs I have gotten from this class are missing, that is for certain!

My room mom found these next two ideas. The object of this game is to see how many M&Ms you can move from one cup to the other by straw suction.
For this relay the kids stepped on a big heart, moving the one behind them in front for each next step. My boys thought it was fun to throw the heart which made for quite a challenging next step!

We had had various art tables. I had this pattern from last year but I saw Christina posted a template you can grab if you want to put it away for next year. It is challenging for firsties. Here you see one of my crafty girls helping a friend.

And when I came home, excited to get in my jammies after a crazy day, look what was waiting for me...
I mentioned the other day that I wish we could afford a trip to Red Lobster because I was craving cheddar bay biscuits. So my sweet husband made surf and turf (bacon-wrapped no less) and stopped by Red Lobster to buy the biscuits.  He also bought red roses which he was NOT supposed to do. If you are wondering why the card has a G, he has called me his Guinevere since we were dating and read that Jennifer is the modern name for it. Isn't he romantic?

I hope your day was just as sweet.

Separator

12 comments:

  1. Yay for romance, yay for Splat, and yay for you and your wonderful teaching! Send me your snail mail address and I'll send you a Splat valentine puppet. http://crackofdawncrafts.blogspot.com/2012/02/splat-cat-finger-puppets.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the "pin the lips on the teacher"!
    And so sweet abotu your hubby...a boy in HS used to cal me that, too =) memories..lol
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue Skies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaaaaah that is so sweet of your hubby.

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! What a sweet hubby you have!

    Side note...send me your email address again. I can NOT get my file to send to you for some reason. wanna make sure I've got it right!

    Kelly
    Beg, Borrow, Steal
    kellymchaffie@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehehe! Too bad no parents commented on your sweet romantic Valentine's dinner!

    LOVE all your Valentine's Day activities. Looks like fun!

    ✿Valerie
    Grow Up Learning
    Grow Up Learning Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet hubby!!! I love it!!!!! All of it!! How thoughtful!
    I have some new things I want to do next year -- thanks for sharing!!
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, what a sweet hubby! It looks like your class had such a nice Valentine's Day :) Hope you have a GREAT rest of your week :)

    Lisa :)
    Made In The Shade In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sweet!! It also looks like your kiddos had a fun Valentine's Day.
    -Megan

    First Grade Magic

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like they had a fun time. Cute ideas.
    http://www.literacymathideas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a fun time at school---and HOW AWESOME is your hubby? :)

    ღDeAnne
    First Grade and Fabulous

    ReplyDelete