Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tacky the Penguin

I have to say it. I ROCK at reading aloud. I even sing off key obnoxiously when necessary. "How many toes does a fish have? How many wings on a cow? I wonder, yup I wonder."

I think I did too good a job because my students begged to read Tacky the Penguin again today and broke into the above song at various intervals throughout the day. Hee hee!
We made a bubble map describing Tacky. Then each student wrote about what they liked best about Tacky.


We made directed art penguins and then added tacky shirts and bow ties!
I can't wait to get them up on my bulletin board tomorrow!

Separator

6 comments:

  1. I absolutly love this!! I am currently at a school where I am not allowed to teach "a penguin" unit....but I am might use this for teaching character traits! Love Tacky!!

    And I sing the songs off key too!! Without trying!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! Your site rocks! I stumbled on it yesterday. I do a whole penguin unit for a week in January and I love reading Tacky out loud. It always gets my kids laughing! Thanks for all your awesome ideas! I will have to use this one next year since we already did our penguin unit for this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!! I do a month long penguin study! Thanks for the fabulous idea! LOVE TACKY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo cute! Do you have pattern for Tacky that you are willing share?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna,
    The Tacky pattern is from the TLC winter book. Google it and it will come up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just had to "pin" your Tacky penguins. They're adorable!
     Chrissy

    First Grade Found Me

    ReplyDelete