Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Sticker Search

I made up a new game last week that the kids just love so I thought I would share. Every morning we read our sight words of the week from a small pocket chart. We used to read them in different voices (underwater, robot, etc) but even that wasn't keeping their attention too well anymore. So, I started hiding a sticker behind one of the words. I pull sticks and that student gets to read a word. I slowly lift up the word to see if they get a sticker. We all say, "Good try" if they don't get it. I then turn the card over and pick another stick. The kids told me they thought 2 words needed stickers :-) so I obliged them. A small price to pay for their rapt attention. I hope it works as well for you as it does for me!

Separator

1 comment:

  1. What a fun idea! I'll have to try it. I've also done that kind of game when cleaning up the room. I put a sticker on a piece of garbage. Whoever finds the sticker gets to keep it. It's amazing what they'll do for stickers!

    ReplyDelete