Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pencil Basket FREEBIE and a winner!

With just 2 weeks until I go back (nooooooooo) I am starting to work on those nitty gritty details. Today I redid my pencil baskets.
I bought these black baskets in the Target Dollar Spot. If you'd like a FREE copy of the labels click {HERE.}

Last year I used 2 that looked like this:
I borrowed this pic from http://www.youaremyfave.com/ since I forget to take a pic.
They worked okay but I have 30 students so I wanted to be able to keep more pencils in there. Plus, my students sometimes knocked it over so I was hoping the larger base on the black one will prevent that.

Do you use dull/sharp baskets? Yes, I have to teach them the vocabulary word dull but rather than avoid it, I embrace it as a teachable moment! I can't stand the sound of the pencil sharpener so I ask parent volunteers to do it in the office or at recess to keep the pencils stocked. I train the kids that they must leave a dull to get a sharp so they don't end up hoarding pencils!

I would also like to announce the winner of my Decoding Strategies Giveaway.

Congrats to Janina!

a Rafflecopter giveaway


I am happy to say my TpT store issues have been resolved so you can click {HERE} to go grab your set for only $2.

Separator