Friday, February 25, 2011

Horton peek over and writing

I may need a Seuss intervention, I just can't. stop. creating. This came to me during my 7-hour car trip yesterday. It is a Horton peek over.

I scanned the pieces I made in for you so you don't have to waste time trying to recreate it. I know most of you didn't get the whole week off like I did. ;-) 

Elephant

I am going to use it with Horton Hatches the Egg. First, we will discuss what they think the quote Horton repeats means.

"I meant what I said
And I said what I meant....
An elephant's faifthful
One hundred per cent!"

I have two different ideas for writing prompts:
1. Name one example from the story in which Horton proves that he is faithful. OR
2. How can you show you are faithful? ex. Follow through when you say you will finish a chore, play with a friend, etc.

So, I left the writing paper with the quote but no directions so you can decide.

Horton Hatches the Egg

Separator