Sunday, February 20, 2011

Ahhh...a week off!

I am so excited to have this week off! Multiple days of rainy day recess were making us all grumpy. {I know you all in snowy climates have it much worse but Californians are NOT used to being indoors so much. I seriously don't know how you do it.} One of my ADHD kids got in big trouble Thursday and I think it was partly being cooped up all day. His mom and I agreed it was better to have him run laps in the rain at recess. We tried it Friday and he LOVED it.

I did manage to squeeze a few President's Day activities. We made Lincoln and Washington TLC art.


We read this book which also led to a discussion on dental health! Did you know Washington's false teeth were not made of wood but hippo tusk?

We also read this Lincoln book which was good for 1st graders.
I forgot to take pictures of the double bubble we made comparing facts we learned about Lincoln and Washington.

I also forgot to take pictures of the If I Were President writing on the paper I shared the other day. {I told you it was a LONG week!} The students came up with some good ideas...stop pollution, help the poor, get rid of guns, etc.

I need to stop blogging and go work on report cards but I can't.get.motivated.

Separator