Saturday, November 1, 2014

Diction-fairy Costume

I was  a Diction-fairy for Halloween yesterday. I saw it on Pinterest and thought it was clever.
I got my hands on an old dictionary and took it apart. I cut feathers from the pages and glued them on wings I made from poster board.
 I glued the dictionary cover to the back and drilled holes for the ribbon that I tied into arm loops.
I made the tutu by rolling 2 dictionary pages at a time. I hot-glued them to some ribbon. I chose to do 3 layers so the skirt would look fuller. If I had to do it again I would have put some velcro on the back of the ribbon so I could have overlapped the ends a bit. Tying the bow was quick and easy like I wanted but it did leave a little gap.

Happy Halloween!