Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Sticky note list freebie

"Yeah, I'm a planner. No, actually I'm more of a fly by the seat of my pants gal, you know, moment to moment. Yeah, that's me. " MOVIE ANYONE??

Which do you think I am? HA, was that even a question? No surprise, I am TOTALLY a list person. So I was inspired by this project from a great DIY site called Cornflower Blue.
I wanted to make them for my family so I was lazy efficient and made a smaller printable version with space for doodling-although no one else in my family seems to have the doodle bug. Do you?
 I decided a DAILY PLAN was needed to make sure we were all balancing our free time with our responsibilities.
 The categories work for the boys and me.
CHORES-These are in addition to the ones they have every day. For me, I am trying to break my big monthly goals into smaller parts so I don't feel so overwhelmed.
SCHOOL WORK-They have Summer Bridge workbooks, flashcards, math games,etc to keep their brain from turning to mush. I have my teaching stuff to work on.
OUTSIDE-They love hockey, football, etc but get drawn by electronics so I schedule it. I am even worse and send them out but get sucked in by the computer. Trying to change this.
READING-I require at least an hour but luckily they like to read so this isn't an issue. I would read ALL DAY if I could so this is giving me time but I also have to do the others. RATS.

The boys decided they wanted to write with a dry erase marker instead of post-its which worked for me. They hadn't finished filling it out when I snapped the picture.
Then, I started thinking about how it would be great to have a To Do version of this for my teacher organizational binder so I made a version of that as well.
If you think you may be able to use any of these sticky note lists you can download them FREE by clicking on the pic below.  I'd love to hear from you if you do.

Separator

19 comments:

  1. These are so cute!! Thanks for sharing!

    Jennifer
    The First Grade Dream

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *love* these! I am totally a list person also, plus I love sticky notes! Thanks so much!

    I'm your newest follower =)

    Ashley
    The Resource Room Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are Fab! Love the Pretty Woman quote (great movie) :) Thanks for the Freebies! A question for you, Jenn, since you're like the Common Core Queen : Is your district making a "road map"/ scope & sequence for Common Core? I can't find one for first grade anywhere, and no one in our district has mentioned one, even though we're supposed to be implementing CCS this year. If you have one & can post it, would you consider sharing??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! I had seen the post on Pinterest and thought it was cute but was too lazy to hand draw it like the original, so this was perfect! :) Love the font...what's the name of it?

    Thanks for the freebie!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these! Thank you so much!

    I am a sticky notes kind of gal. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these! I think I may make one for each student and have them set daily/weekly/monthly goals and keep them close by! Anytime I can use sticky notes, the kids think I'm amazing!

    Thanks,
    ✿Lynn
    Inside this Book

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great! I just printed on colored paper and will laminate. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw this idea floating around on pinterest! Thanks for making this template for us! It will definitely come in handy. :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This idea is awesome! Specially for people like me that forgets to read the to do lists. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE it! Awesome that you got your kids involved, too!
    I make lists, plans, whatever and the fam just ignores them. What's up with that! ;D
    Thanks for the freebie.
    ❤Dragonflies in First ❤

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! Now I have something to do with my one billion sticky notes (thanks Target)!!

    Rebecca
    First Grade Fascination

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so very much for sharing!! Maybe this will help me get my goals done in a reasonable time frame!!!
    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are FABULOUS!! I love love love them!
    Thanks so much!
    Kerri B
    teacherbitsandbobs

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this idea! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am a school counselor and these would be great for counseling students also!
    counselinghearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I saw this on Pinterest and made my own version but yours is cuter...another addition to my list making obsession : )

    ReplyDelete