Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

WInner & answering a question

Today I thought I would answer one of the questions that was left for me in a comment this week. 

Q: Do you still use Whole Brain Teaching?

A: YES! I really like it because the call response style keeps the kids engaged and I can use it ANYWHERE. In the library and need to get my students attention? No chimes to ring? NO problem! It also works well for Common Core because students are often asked to turn and "teach" their neighbor.

Here is a video if you've never seen what this looks like.



If you want to learn more you can visit the Whole Brain website.

 I also want to announce the winner from yesterday's contest.
April will be getting a copy of my new Kindergarten Common Core Assessment Pack.
I am happy that so many people are finding these helpful. 
If you want to pick up a copy for yourself click {here} or for 1st grade click {here.}

Alrighty, off to tutor. Let's hope they remember to show up since it is our first session since school let out.

Separator

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing about whole brain teaching. I have heard about it from many bloggers but I've never seen it in action and my school does not use it. The principles of how she teaches seem very similar to what I've down in the past but I really like the hands hands and eyes and working towards a goal. I will be researching this more over the summer thank you for getting me jump started! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!! I just can't even believe I am the winner!! I am having major luck this week. Woohoo!! Thanks so much!!


    April
    Wolfelicious
    kreitzer29@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete