Pages

Monday, December 26, 2011

Near Disaster and My Top 3

Happy Holidays everyone! My house is still overrun with family but I snuck off for a few minutes to visit blogland. I love my family but a week straight of a loud {booming male voices and babies crying}, crowded, messy {I've lost count on the number of spills}, smelly {I've forgotten how odorous those diapers can be} bustling house is starting to get to me.

We had a NEAR DISASTER yesterday... Picture my husband taking the 20 pound turkey out of the oven. It may have been the disposable foil pan we were forced to use to get it to fit in our oven or it may have been the fact that my husband was partaking in the holiday booze with my brothers....but as he is transferring it to the counter the juices start POURING over the side onto the floor. My hubbie starts to slip on the fatty liquid and just manages to slide the turkey onto the counter before his feet go completely flying out from under him and he lands hard on his butt!  After making sure he was okay, I laughed my a** off! Making my gravy with MUCH less stock and cleaning up that disgusting, greasy mess wasn't so funny but at least Christmas dinner wasn't ruined.

I saw Fern Smith had a good idea to look back on the year to see what our most popular posts were so I'm linking up. You can click on the post name to read the original if you are interested.

My Top 3 Posts


#2 with 6,316 views Cutest 100 Year Olds Ever

#1 with 20,042 views Me on the Map

I think it will be interesting to see what everyone else's most popular are.  Okay, I am being called back to play Awkward Family Photos. This board game is hysterical to play, at least with my inappropriate family!

Separator

16 comments:

  1. Thank you for linking up at my linky party and telling your readers about it! Your blog is one of the first ones I started reading and I think Me on the Map is amazing!!
    Happy New Year,
    ~Fern
    Fern Smith’s Classroom Ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your poor hubby! But I have to say, that's HILARIOUS!!

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good gravy {HA!} poor guy. Glad he didn't hurt anything and your dinny wasn't ruined. You've got some pretty impressive numbers there, chicky!!!!

    Enjoy the rest of break...

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually witnessed something similar with turkey juices and a foil pan. But the juice spilled on a poor lil doggie who was in the wrong place at the wrong time. We all freaked that the dog was burned, but thankfully he wasn't hurt and he REALLY seemed to enjoy licking himself clean before the real bath!
    Glad the turkey didn't fall on the floor. Kind of reminds me of the Everybody Loves Raymond episode where Debra drops the turkey and slips on the greasy floor? HILARIOUS!!
    Denise
    Sunny Days In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh poor guy! I'm glad it wasn't worse! Sounds like you are having a wonderful holiday with your family, I am so happy for you :)
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your "Me on Top" activity! I can't wait to use that in my own classroom! I love your owl theme, it is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. those were all great! I was one of the thousands that clicked! :) I can't believe your turkey story!!!! I would have been very traumatized.
    Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could have been your husband! I always do things like that {and unfortunately, without drinking}
    Cecelia
    http://ilove1stgrade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hilarious Turkey story -- that's a keeper!!! :)
    Loved all of those posts, too.
    Hope you'll get some quiet time soon and your house back to normal. I totally get what you mean. :)
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had to read your story twice because it was so funny!

    Your top three are three of my favorites. We've been doing the sight word stars and the kids are really motivated. I absolutely love it.

    Can't wait to see what happens at your house on New Year's Eve!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, I would have laughed too! I'm glad the turkey was saved :)

    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your blog! Can't wait to use some of your ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jenn,
    I love your blog and am always checking out your great ideas :) My students LOVED your "Me on the Map" project! Great job!

    Lisa :) (new follower)
    http://madeintheshadeinsecondgrade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for being a super blogger! I've nominated you for a Versatile Blogger. Stop by! Little Priorities

    ReplyDelete