Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Food Chain and Freebies

We learned about the food chain in science this week.  Every student got to make an interactive model (based on nesting dolls) which illustrated the concept perfectly!
The students LOVED making the animals "eat" the next animal (or grass) in the chain. It comes with lids to keep all the pieces together once it is nested. You can order your own set from Nature Watch.

My freebie today is more seasonal making words sheets. I haven't introduced these yet but I have some smarties than I know are capable. 

Jack o' Lantern Making Words

Scarecrow Making Words




Separator

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jenn, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the nesting food chain idea and so wish that it was part of our grade one science curriculum here in Alberta! Thank you for being so inspiring!

    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are about to do this unit! I love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the making words idea- this will be great for my higher students as well! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the making words! I have a mom who has been asking for harder homework and I think this will be perfect! :)
    Cheryl
    Crayons and Curls

    ReplyDelete