Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Fun Lakeshore Game

Do you have a child in your life who would benefit from a little review before school starts again? Lakeshore Learning sent me a great game to try with one of the girls I tutor. It's called Are You Ready For 2nd Grade?
It asks both language arts and math questions at varying difficulty levels. They have the game cards numbered and grouped so you can play 6 times without ever repeating a question! I was pretty impressed by that.

Some of the questions ask the child to write about a topic. I was thrilled to see my student write a paragraph without blinking an eye! She felt proud getting to put the card in the "correct" bin and the play money was totally motivating to her!!

After playing, parents can enter the results for an skills assessment! 
My student asks me to play this game every time we tutor now! Her Kinder sister saw it and wished I had one for her to play. They do make a version for all the grades K-5.

This game is regularly $29.99 but you can get it for $19.99 using the coupon below.

Thanks Lakeshore for making another quality product!
Check out their Back-to-School Sale now through Aug. 31st in stores or online at www.lakeshorelearning.com! They have some great in-store coupons and doorbusters for up to 50% off!  


Separator

0 comments:

Post a Comment