Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

Name Tag Tip and a winner

How do you make your student name tags? Last year I spent time making adorable name tags, laminating them, then slicing a hole with an exacto knife in each one to put the clips in. They looked cute but took too much time to make and did not last. We wear them every week to specials (science and music) so I needed something more durable this year.

Here is my tip! This year I bought cute name tag stickers BUT I laminated them.
 If you cut the laminate closely, they will fit perfectly in these name badges. I prefer the clip over the safety pin or something around their neck.
I added names and class number with a sharpie. I have a few extras in case I have changes to my roster. The reason I laminated them first was because when the kids lean over to get a drink from the water fountain (or bubbla as my Massachusetts husband says) water can get in the plastic pocket. I don't have a picture of my finished product because I am on vacation but you get the idea. (What? I know I am breaking my blogging ban again but many of you are hard at work in your rooms and this tip just couldn't wait! :-)

Plus, I had to announce yesterdays giveaway winner. Congrats to Rosemarie who won a free copy of my Student Notebook and Folder Labels. Click on the picture below if you want to go grab a set for yourself.

Have you entered my Mega Giveaway with 24 prizes from some of my favorite bloggers? ! Click on the pic below to go enter if you haven't!
Onset beach was wonderful yesterday. My honey and I held hands walking down the beach, pointing out the cape houses we dream of owning one day. For lunch we walked to Marc Anthony's pizzeria which was absolute heaven. I love California but one thing it is seriously lacking is good pizza!
Here is a shot of my son Casey being a good sport letting his cousins bury him. The funniest thing to me was they couldn't wait to get back to Nana's to go in the pool! I think my kids have spent more time in water than out this week!


Separator

5 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a wonderful time at the beach!! Thanks for your name tag tips! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Onset! I especially love Marc Anthony's Linguica pizza! The best I have EVER had! Yum!! So glad you had a great time at the beach with your family! The cape is awesome! Thanks for the great name tag tips! I bought the same name tags at Lakeshore! :-)

    Karyn
    Aisforapplebisforblog.blogspot.com
    Kideducator@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great name tag tips! I love the bubbla advice (I am from RI:)

    Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aussie kids have always had a drink from the bubbler - (never thought to spell it bubbla though).
    fiona

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet boy for getting buried like that! I also am always trying to figure out how to handle the name tag situation! Let us know how those plastic ones work out! :)

    Kate
    Second Grade Sparkle

    ReplyDelete