Pages

Monday, June 8, 2020

PD read and a FREE math game

Do you do a professional development read every summer? We were just emailed to choose between one of these three, so if anyone has a recommendation, I'm all ears.
  1. Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
  2. So You Want to Talk About Race by Ijeoma Oluo
  3. White Fragility: Why It's So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism by Robin J. DiAngelo.
I am feeling pretty exhausted from distance learning so I am not sure I can tackle these quite yet. But it got me thinking about previous summer reads I had enjoyed.

I remember Debbie Diller's Math Work Stations really helped me get my students to do a lot more math talk. I thought I'd repost this free Go Fish game in case you didn't follow me back them.

The cards looks like dominoes and the match is the double in number form.
Instead of simply asking for a 12, the students are told to use the math vocabulary of double. I included these reminder cards that the students can refer to if they forget.

Click HERE to grab this game for FREE. Good job making it through remote learning!




Separator

0 comments:

Post a Comment