Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2019

Mother's Day Gift Ideas

What do you have your class do for Mother's Day?


How about making a gift book using the poem If You Give a Mom a Muffin, patterned after the Laura Numeroff books. 

We read the whole poem, then work on two pages a day so it doesn't get overwhelming. We brainstorm ideas for each page and I draw one of them using the document camera. I encourage the students to use their own creativity but those who find drawing intimidating are comforted to have my model.
I include drawing ideas for each page in the download but they often come up with their hilarious ideas.







Mom is still asleep so her eyes are closed.

The gift bags are personalized, too!
This student knew tried to replicate her mom's pillowcase!
I buy the muffins from Costco but some buyers tell me they have the students make those, too. 
I've also thought about adding Starbucks Via packets. 
Image result for via coffee
The hardest part for the students is picking which muffin flavor their mom would like best.
 I have had students admit to picking their favorite flavor in hopes Mom will share!

I also include alternative wording using Aunt, Grandma, and cocoa.

You can get all my directions and templates in my store by clicking HERE.

Separator

0 comments:

Post a Comment