Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

Dreams that made me smile

Congrats to Karyn Wilbur on winning my new Adjective Penguin QR Center
You can grab yourself a copy for only $2 HERE.

I read Martin's Big Words to my firsties this week. It was so sweet how outraged they were at the unfair treatment.
Then we brainstormed big dreams they had for today's world. The list was similar to past years, no war, stop littering, etc. but some of the responses did remind me that the kids in this school have some different life experience.

One said, "I have a dream that everyone will donate to the SPCA." I think that may be because the brownie troop collected blankets for them.

 But these two made me wonder what the conversion is like around the dinner table...
"I have a dream that people will stop testing creams on animals."
"I have a dream that stocks will go up. Stocks are in trouble!"
My husband had the terrible flu this week but so far my boys and I haven't caught it. Crossing my fingers that stays the case this week! Have a great week everyone!


Separator

0 comments:

Post a Comment